ICGMA Top Album Award 1999
The International Country Gospel Music Association gave their Top Album Award in 1999 to Jody's patriotic album, "My Country."
The album, which is filled with all-time favorite American patriotic songs and some brand new pieces written specifically for Jody, is a tribute to the United States and to the soldiers who defends her.
In response to the honor, Jody said, "I hope they chose 'My Country' as Album of the Year because it was the best one around!
"Really, I think the Association awarded 'My Country' with such high praise because the music exemplifies the best of Country and Southern Gospel. It has great songs!" Jody said.
"There is a saying in the music business ... 'a good song don't care who sings it' ... which means that the song is what is most important, not the singer. This album is good because the songs on it are great!"
CGMG Entertainer of the Year 1999
The Country Gospel Music Guild honored Jody with their Entertainer of the Year Award in September 1999.
Jody said this honor means a great deal to her. "I have been in the music business for 35 years, and I remember when I would have been shot rather than get on stage, I was so frightened," she said.
"But now I can't wait to help people in my audience feel at ease, lighten up their lives, let them hear what I consider beautiful music written by God Himself."
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENTS - Individuals and organizations continue to honor her and her achievements, see lifetime achievements below:
- Winner the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Award for "Look at Mine," 1971
- Winner of Billboard's Artist Resurgence of the Year, 1972
- Winner ASCAP Award for "Darlin' You Can Always Come Back Home," 1973
- Winner ASCAP Award for "Look at Mine," 1971
- Winner ASCAP Chartbuster Award for "Darlin' You Can Always Come Back Home," 1973
- Winner IOTA PI (Sorority) "Woman of the Year" Award
- Winner The Associated Media "Album Project of the Year" for "I'll Praise the Lamb," 1998
- Winner International Country Gospel Music Association (ICGMA) Top Album Award for "I"ll Praise the Lamb," 1998
- Winner ICGMA Top Album Award for "My Country," 1999
- Winner Texas International Music Association Entertainer of the Year Award, 1999
- Jody is a Charter Inductee of the Blanchard Public Schools Education Foundation Hall of Fame. The selection was made by a special committee composed of members of the Foundation's Board of Directors, 2005.
- Ernest Tubb Memorial Award given by the Western Film Festival.
- Billboard's Artist Resurgence of the Year Award, 1971
Nominated for three Grammy® Awards:
- Nominated and won for Best Performance on a Country Single - Female, 1965 - "Queen of the House"
- Best New Artist- Female, 1965
- Best Performance on a Country Vocal Single - Female, 1971, "He's So Fine"